WEBSITE PRIVACY NOTICE
- Device and usage data. Data about your device and the product and features you use, including information about your hardware and software, how our products perform, as well as your settings. For example:
- Browse History. Data about the web pages you visit.
- Device, connectivity, and configuration data. Data about your device, your device configuration, and nearby networks. For example, data about the operating systems and other software installed on your device, including product keys. In addition, IP address, device identifiers (such as the IMEI number for phones), regional and language settings, and information about WLAN access points near your device.
- Error reports and performance data. Data about the performance of the products and any problems you experience, including error reports. Error reports (sometimes called “crash dumps”) can include details of the software or hardware related to an error, contents of files opened when an error occurred, and data about other software on your device.
- Troubleshooting and Help Data. Data you provide when you contact Applied Companies for help, such as the products you use, and other details that help us provide support. For example, contact or authentication data, the content of your chats and other communications with Applied Companies, data about the condition of your device, and the products you use related to your help inquiry. When you contact us, such as for customer support, phone conversations or chat sessions with our representatives may be monitored and recorded.
- Searches and commands. Search queries and commands when you use Applied Companies products with search or related productivity functionality.
- Voice data. Your voice data, such as the search queries or commands you speak, which may include background sounds.
- Text, inking, and typing data. Text, inking, and typing data and related information. For example, when we collect inking data, we collect information about the placement of your inking instrument on your device.
- Images. Images and related information, such as picture metadata. For example, we collect the image you provide when you use a image-enabled service.
Applied Companies uses the data we collect to provide you rich, interactive experiences. In particular, we use data to:
- Provide our products, which includes updating, securing, and troubleshooting, as well as providing support. It also includes sharing data, when it is required to provide the service or carry out the transactions you request;
- Improve and develop our products;
- Personalize our products and make recommendations; and
- Advertise and market to you, which includes sending promotional communications, targeting advertising, and presenting you relevant offers.
We also use the data to operate our business, which includes analyzing our performance, meeting our legal obligations, developing our workforce, and doing research. In carrying out these purposes, we combine data we collect from different contexts (for example, from your use of Applied Companies products) or obtain from third parties to give you a more seamless, consistent, and personalized experience, to make informed business decisions, and for other legitimate purposes. We share your personal data with your consent or to complete any transaction or provide any product you have requested or authorized. We also share data with Applied Companies controlled affiliates and subsidiaries; with vendors working on our behalf; when required by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our customers; to protect lives; to maintain the security of our products; and to protect Applied Companies’ and its customers’ rights and property. What Information We Collect and How We Use It While visiting our website, or in some instances you otherwise interact with us, you may be asked to provide personal information in order to accomplish the purpose of your visit For example, if you are exploring career opportunities you may be asked to provide your email address, residence, education, work experience, and other personal information typically found on a résumé or acquire services and goods. If you are a supplier you may be asked to identify the financial institution you use and provide account numbers. Also, you will be asked to provide your email address to subscribe to our Investor Relations email distribution list. The specific information that you may choose to provide will depend on the nature of the transaction to be completed and is always voluntary. However, we may not be able to provide you with (or acquire your) goods and services if you do not provide us with the information we request. How We Protect Your Information We take reasonable steps (including physical, electronic, and managerial procedures) to safeguard and secure your personal information against loss, misuse, or unauthorized access. All personal information that we collect is protected using industry standard computer security and industrial security practices. Cookies and Other Website Technical Considerations Our website uses modern web application methods that result in the automatic collection and storage of certain data that some may consider to be personal or personally identifiable information. This includes your Internet Protocol or IP addresses, type of browser that you use, and other technical data about your computing environment. This information is stored in server logs that we maintain and review for the purpose of improving and supporting the secure operation of our website. We use “cookies” on our website to enhance the experience of our visitors, such as retaining user preferences between sessions. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer. Cookies cannot be used to deliver viruses to your computer, they are uniquely assigned to you, and our cookies can only be read by our web servers. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies or, if you prefer, you can modify your web browser settings to decline all cookies or selectively decline cookies as they are offered. Our website may contain links to other websites. You should carefully review the privacy notices and practices of other websites, as we cannot control or be responsible for the privacy practices of sites not affiliated with Applied Companies. For further details please see our cookie statement. With Whom We Share Your Information Personal information collected from or about you by us will not be shared with third parties for purposes other than in support of our operations and as necessary to facilitate the purpose for which it was collected. In some cases we may share the information with service providers retained by us to provide services on our behalf. These providers will use your information only to accomplish the task for which they have been retained. Applied Companies is a United States corporation with operations in many other countries. When you provide or we collect your personal information, including via our websites, you should expect that it will be processed and viewed in the United States. It may also be disclosed to some of our other related entities. Your use of this website constitutes your consent for any cross-border data transfer resulting from such use. Your information may also be shared with other third parties under the following circumstances (i) if we are required to do so by law enforcement authorities or government agencies, or (ii) in connection with investigations or other efforts to prevent illegal activities or pertaining to public safety.
Your California Privacy Rights: Notice to California Customers California’s “Shine the Light” law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the businesses’ practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Alternately, such businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose personal information of customers to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes if the customer has exercised an option to opt-out of such information-sharing. (Note: Applied Companies sites do not recognize the “do not track signals” that some browsers may employ.) As discussed above, if you wish to opt-out of our sharing of your information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes offline please click here, or for email please click here. To find out more about your opt-out rights, please contact us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below.