Senior Electrical Assembler Job
SENIOR ELECTRICAL ASSEMBLER
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-time
Applied Companies is looking for an experienced Senior Electrical Assembler to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for owning the electrical build aspects of various HVAC and power generation/distribution products. These may vary from small R&D tasks to large-scale production equipment. The Senior Electrical Assembler will work with other disciplines to completely build and debug the electrical system per engineering specifications. These projects will generally be interdisciplinary, and the person filling this role will work with other members of the team to deliver an integrated and functional solution.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete the wiring of complex automated equipment per engineering specifications.
- Complete the assembly and wiring of control panels, including adding holes to mount components or route wiring.
- Review schematics, bills of materials, drawings, and other documentation necessary to complete the wiring.
- Debug or troubleshoot issues with electrical panels and systems including communications, digital/analog signal, DC power, and AC power up to 480V.
- Complete routing of all field wirable devices including devices requiring dynamic or flexible cabling. Adhere to all engineering, manufacturing, and industry best practices for routing and securing flexible cabling.
- Assist with installation and commissioning of equipment at customer sites.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe working environment.
- Coordinate with engineering for missing or inadequate information, including documenting changes.
- Complete any project-related documentation.
- Coordinate with project leads or project managers on schedule, budget, and scope.
- 2+ years wiring customer equipment or machines
- 2+ years troubleshooting or debugging electrical systems
- Understanding of wiring for EMI and HEMP protections
- Understanding of IEC wiring standards
- Must have excellent electrical intuition and proven ability to diagnose and repair electrical issues.
- Ability to route and constrain wiring in an organized and logical manner.
- Understanding of strain reliefs and minimum bend radius. Where to get this information and when it applies.
- Familiarity and understanding of electrical drawings and schematics, manufacturing drawings, blueprints, and specifications.
- Able to follow written Manufacturing Outlines, policies, and procedures as required.
- Ability to support requirements in a manufacturing environment requiring quick turnarounds.
- Detail oriented, organized, and capable of handling a heavy workload.
- MANDATORY - US citizen or permanent resident (Green Card holders) due to Government ITAR regulations.
- Experience working on equipment with Military or Aerospace applications and workmanship requirements.
- Experience working on HVAC systems
- VFD and PLC Programming Experience
- Ability to recognize, diagnose, and avoid electrical noise and ground loop issues.
- Understanding and ability to install and troubleshoot pneumatic systems.
- IPC/WHMA-A-620 Certified
The Senior Electrical Assembler reports directly to the Manufacturing. Electrical Assemblers are expected to work and coordinate with the Manufacturing, Quality, and Engineering departments.
ABOUT APPLIED COMPANIES
Applied Companies, Inc. is a Southern California manufacturer of ruggedized Environmental Control Units (ECU’s) and Pressure Vessels for tactical military systems. As a small company, Applied Companies relies on the capabilities and good judgement of its people. We provide a pleasant, professional, and dynamic entrepreneurial work environment where creativity is encouraged. Every person at Applied is expected to help when and where needed. We have been in business since 1958 and offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision, along with a generous 401K match and profit-sharing program. Veteran-Founded | Woman-Owned
JOB APPLICATION FORM