Senior Electrical Assembler Job
As a Program Manager (PM) at Applied Companies, you will be responsible for managing multiple programs for both Government and commercial customers in a fast-paced design and manufacturing environment. This position is responsible for analyzing customer requirements, cost, schedule, technical/performance, risk, and execution of active programs. The PM will establish, and is accountable to maintain, a collaborative working relationship with customer program managers to ensure that the highest level of responsiveness and customerservice needs are met. Internally, the Program Manager will coordinate with other departments (sales,engineering, supply chain, manufacturing, operations, quality, etc.) to execute on program requirements in an efficient and effective manner.
As a small company, Applied Companies relies on the capabilities and good judgement of its people. We unleash the talent of our employees rather than controlling it with hierarchy or excessive bureaucracy. Subsequently, the person in this role will be a trusted decision maker, empowered to act in the best interest of Applied and its customers. We provide a pleasant, professional, and dynamic entrepreneurial work environment where creativity is encouraged.
Every person at Applied is expected to help when and where needed. In addition to program management- related responsibilities, the person in this role will be asked to contribute technically in his/her area of expertise, and to help propose/win new business for our growing company.
SPECIFIC JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage multiple programs to ensure compliance to customer requirements while maintaining strict adherence to cost and schedule performance goals. Role requires hands-on program financial control experience.
- Analyze customer requirements including proposal, specifications. statements of work, and terms & conditions to identify opportunities and risks throughout the life of assigned programs (proposal to post-delivery support).
- Closely coordinate with Directors of Engineering and Operations to ensure all assigned programs are executed to plan.
- Represent company as primary point of customer contact for all assigned programs.
- Manage, prepare and execute internal and external design reviews.
- Coordinate, generate, prepare and submit data deliverables (CDRLs/SDRLs) to customer.
- Collect, track, analyze and report on cost, schedule, and technical metrics to assess program health.
- Coordinate and monitor invoicing of assigned programs.
- Support proposal review and development and manage follow-on business opportunities for all assigned programs, products and customers.
- Participate as a major contributor to the improvement of program management and program financial control improvement process.
- B.S. Mechanical, Electrical, Aeronautical, or Refrigeration Systems Engineering degree or equivalent technical degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of recent program management with experience in Aerospace manufacturing and a technical aptitude.
- Engineering background with knowledge in military/tactical applications.
- Proven ability to manage multiple programs of short duration (4 to 12 months) within established cost and schedule goals.
- Ability to foster and maintain positive relationships within the Company’s own departments and throughout our valued Customer organizations.
- Effectively prioritize multiple tasks and manage time efficiently.
- High degree of business management acumen.
- Effective verbal (phone and face-to-face) and written communication skills.
- Fluent with Microsoft Project and resources planning/allocation techniques.
- Expert user with Microsoft Office tools including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- Self-starter with demonstrated desire to go the extra mile.
- Experience in a small but fast-growing company
- Moderate travel is required
The Program Manager reports directly to the Vice President of Business Development. The Program Manager must also closely communicate/coordinate with the Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Operations, and Quality departments.
ABOUT APPLIED COMPANIES
Applied Companies, Inc. is a Southern California manufacturer of ruggedized Environmental Control Units (ECU’s) and Pressure Vessels for tactical military systems. We have been in business since 1958 and offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision, along with a generous 401K match and profit-sharing program. Veteran-Founded | Woman-Owned
JOB APPLICATION FORM