Senior Electrical Assembler Job
At Applied Companies, we are committed to satisfying our customers’ needs and expectations by providing reliable products and outstanding service. As an Electrical Controls Engineering Associate, you will be responsible for designing, developing, programming, and commissioning electrical control systems for custom-engineered Environmental Control Units (ECUs) for both military and commercial use. This position is also responsible for the installation and technical support of PLC based hardware and software. Duties will also include supporting all company departments with I.T. needs including networking, software, and local hardware maintenance..
SPECIFIC JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Program Environmental Control Unit (ECU) electronic controls (heating, cooling, PID controls, fault conditions, etc.) using ladder logic PLC programming tool.
- Generate Software Interface Control Documents for ethernet or serial interfaces to customer supervisory systems via industrial communications protocols and/or custom communications scripts.
- Assist in creation of technical documentation including but not limited to (F)ATPs (test procedures), system requirements, control strategies, software ICDs (Interface Control Drawings), etc.
- Utilize 2D CAD programs such as AutoCAD or DraftSight to develop control system schematics.
- Create, test, and debug equipment along with all integrated devices to ensure proper functionality.
- Install and test programs in a manufacturing environment.
- Complete engineering change notices, design modifications, and software updates.
- Maintain server room equipment and networking components.
- Configure computer workstations, phone system, and ECU programable components.
- Support personnel from all departments as the need arises with I.T. service.
- Research, collect data, and critically select new parts, components, peripherals for ECU equipment, and I.T. related hardware.
· Introductory knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers and similar configurable controls.
· Understand basic engineering concepts and procedures and a familiarity with electrical circuits and devices.
· Ability to use 2D CAD programs such as AutoCAD or DraftSight.
· Theoretical understanding of PID (proportional-integral-derivative) control algorithms.
· Have a self-starter mentality and be a quick learner.
· Impeccable attention to detail.
· Strong communication and people skills.
· US citizen or permanent resident (Green Card holders) due to Government ITAR regulations.
· Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks transitioning to impromptu tasks as necessary.
· Experience in MS Office Apps, Adobe Acrobat, Windows 10 OS or later,
· Knowledge of various communication protocols (TCP/IP and Modbus Communications.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics or similar)
- Experience with webpage development for control and monitoring.
- Knowledgeable in industrial control systems hardware including relays, contactors, circuit breakers, push buttons, toggle switches, indicator lights, etc.
- Experience implementing/configuring VFDs and EC motor controls.
- Understanding of NFPA 70 and UL508 electrical standards, wire sizing, contactor sizing, NEMA ratings, IP ratings, etc.
- Knowledge of software programming fundamentals in languages such as C++, VBA, Java, MATLAB, Python, Ladder Logic, etc.
- Ability to think creatively and critically, and adapt quickly to generate ideas and solutions for unexpected situations.
- Possess Personal electrical and networking tools.
The Electrical Controls Engineering Associate reports directly to the Engineering Manager, and works collaboratively with Electrical Engineer and the broader Engineering department. Other work as needed to support the Manufacturing, Purchasing, Program Management, HR, and Business Development departments.
ABOUT APPLIED COMPANIES
Applied Companies, Inc. is a Southern California manufacturer of ruggedized Environmental Control Units (ECU’s) and Pressure Vessels for tactical military systems. As a small company, Applied Companies relies on the capabilities and good judgement of its people. We provide a pleasant, professional, and dynamic entrepreneurial work environment where creativity is encouraged. Every person at Applied is expected to help when and where needed. We have been in business since 1958 and offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision, along with a generous 401K match and profit-sharing program. Veteran-Founded | Woman-Owned
JOB APPLICATION FORM