Senior Electrical Assembler Job
Applied Companies in Valencia, CA is seeking a Design Engineer to support the design and development of Environmental Control (HVAC) and Pneumatic Equipment and Systems for Government Sales, Tier One Government Suppliers, and select large industrial accounts. In this position, you’ll be responsible for creating models and drawings in order to meet the needs of the customer to effective design products. This is an innovative “hands-on” environment where you can experience the satisfaction of taking custom designed systems from specification through design, manufacture, and test.
As a small company, Applied Companies relies on the capabilities and good judgement of its people. We unleash the talent of our employees rather than controlling it with hierarchy or excessive bureaucracy. We provide a pleasant, professional, and dynamic entrepreneurial work environment where creativity is encouraged. Every person at Applied is expected to help when and where needed. In addition to engineering-related responsibilities, the person in this role will be asked to contribute technically in his/her area of expertise, and to help propose/win new business for our growing company.
SPECIFIC JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Create 3D models and drawings for development of new products.
- Create product technical (operation and maintenance) manuals, and test procedures.
- Create compliance matrices for customers in a DoD contracting environment.
- Write technical analyses for and oversee Mil-STD product testing.
- Create piping diagrams and electrical schematics.
- Create documentation to support technical proposals, and proof-of-design analyses.
- Specify/select critical product components.
- Process engineering changes and drawing updates.
- Create and manage BOMs (bills of materials) for new and legacy products.
- Manage multiple concurrent developmental efforts.
- Perform sustaining engineering for legacy products.
- Support product troubleshooting and customer service inquiries.
- Review and address customer requirements during new product development.
- Develop new ideas and design improvements to improve productivity and reduce cost.
- Review customer-provided technical specifications and all other design input data for inclusion in product design. Interpret and comprehend all pertinent information for various types of thermal management systems, including HVAC, chillers and heat exchangers in the development of competitive and state-of-the-art designs.
- Perform mechanical and structural calculations, prepare design details, generate design breakdowns, produce fabrication drawings, perform relevant code calculations, prepare performance curves.
- Interact with personnel throughout organization in support of manufacturing, sales, procurement and quality assurance functions.
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 – 10 years of directly related work experience
- Proficiency with SolidWorks software
- Experience designing sheet metal parts and weldment frames
- Experience with new product design and manufacturing support
- Familiarity with refrigeration systems, and their components
- Excellent presentation and technical writing skills
- Experience with AutoCAD/Draftsight software.
- Experience in a DoD contracting environment.
- Experience with military- grade air conditioner equipment.
- Experience with diesel generator design.
- Experience with structural FEA (finite element analysis).
- Professional Engineering (PE) license.
- Experience in a small but fast-growing company
The Design Engineer reports directly to the Engineering Manager and closely communicates and coordinates with other members of the Engineering department as well as the Manufacturing, Program Management, Contracts, and Purchasing departments.
Some travel may be required.
ABOUT APPLIED COMPANIES
Applied Companies, Inc. is a Southern California manufacturer of ruggedized Environmental Control Units (ECU’s) and Pressure Vessels for tactical military systems. Every person at Applied is expected to help when and where needed. We have been in business since 1958 and offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision, along with a generous 401K match and profit-sharing program. Veteran-Founded | Woman-Owned
JOB APPLICATION FORM