Senior Electrical Assembler Job
As a Contracts Manager at Applied Companies, you will be responsible for overseeing the contract management activities and processes ensuring all activities are executed in strict compliance with company policies. You will support a varied contract portfolio of government and commercial proposals and contracts and will serve as the primary customer interface for business and contracting matters. The selected candidate must be able to represent Applied Companies independently on significant transactions and advise management on contractual rights and obligations and mitigate contractual/program risks. The Contracts Manager is also responsible for establishing rapport with clients and works closely with the Sales, Strategy, and Marketing teams to lead new contract negotiations in addition to sustaining existing relationships with external and internal customers.
As a small company, Applied Companies relies on the capabilities and good judgement of its people. We unleash the talent of our employees rather than controlling it with hierarchy or excessive bureaucracy. Subsequently, the person in this role will be a trusted decision maker, empowered to act in the best interest of Applied and its customers. We provide a pleasant, professional, and dynamic entrepreneurial work environment where creativity is encouraged.
Every person at Applied is expected to help when and where needed. In addition to contracts management-related responsibilities, the person in this role will be asked to contribute technically in his/her area of expertise, and to help propose/win new business for our growing company.
SPECIFIC JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Work closely with the Sales, Strategy, and Marketing teams. Lead the contract negotiation, contract review and administration of commercial, international, and government contracts for new and sustaining/existing products.
- Work closely with the Program Managers to recognize and assert changes in scope and constructive changes that are not covered by the contract. Assert and submit requests for equitable adjustments to the customer within the appropriate time limits.
- Lead contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contract activities in accordance with company policies and procedures, legal requirements, regulatory requirements, and customer specifications.
- Monitor customer's and Company’s performance against a contract, including identifying any scheduled milestones or triggers and any issues (e.g., breaches, rebates, terminations, etc.) with in- force contracts.
- Responsible for contract management including contract review, developing the compliance matrix, negotiation, maintenance, order acknowledgement, order administration and terms and conditions review in accordance with Company’s contract policies.
- Proactively manage and monitor long term contracts and agreements.
- Ensure appropriate internal approvals and signature authorities are followed in the contract review and approval process.
- Ensure compliance with contracting policies, laws, and regulations, including but not limited to FAR’s, DFAR’s, CAS, EAR and ITAR.
- Verify that appropriate and complete customer documentation and authorizations have been received by company prior to authorizing and directing work to proceed.
- Coordinate flow-down of terms and conditions with all functional departments including program management, engineering, product support, finance, quality, supply chain management, manufacturing, as required.
- Provide program status and other reports; advises management of contractual rights and obligations; provide solutions to contractual issues, compiles and analyzes data; and maintains historical information.
- B.S. Business or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5 -7 years of experience in Contracts Administration, military, or related manufacturing industry. Support of military and commercial prime and sub-contracts.
- Expert at negotiating contract terms and conditions.
- Experience with the handling of solicitations and requests for proposal.
- Organizational skills are a must, capable of handling a heavy workload with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced and challenging working environment.
- Experienced working with MRP/ERP sales order systems.
- Excellent customer relationship management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Always adheres to professional conduct.
- Complete understanding and application of contract principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- US citizen or permanent resident (Green Card holders) due to Government ITAR regulations.
- International contracting experience.
- Contracts Management Certificate or related contracting courses in government, commercial and international contracting, trade compliance, ITAR/EAR, leadership, management, and program management.
- Experience in defense or military aerospace contracting, TINA (Truth in Negotiation Acts), FAR, DFAR, and CAS Management.
- Experience in a small but fast-growing company.
The Contracts Manager reports directly to the Vice President. This role works closely with the Sales, ProgramManagement, Finance, and Operations Departments.
ABOUT APPLIED COMPANIES
Applied Companies, Inc. is a Southern California manufacturer of ruggedized Environmental Control Units (ECU’s) and Pressure Vessels for tactical military systems. We have been in business since 1958 and offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision, along with a generous 401K match and profit-sharing program. Veteran-Founded | Woman-Owned
JOB APPLICATION FORM